I made a list of journal prompts for every day in September. Self-Care is important, and it has become a crucial part of many people’s lives during this crazy year of 2020.
As you journal, remember to reflect intentionally on your answers. Hopefully, these prompts and the consideration you put into them will help you form a better head space this September. Feel free to use the hashtag #selfcareseptember on social medias, or tag me, @thedawdlingwriter on Instagram.
- Make a list of things contributing to your stress and lack of self-care. Decide which one of these stress factors to focus on eliminating this month.
2. List the things you like to do to improve your environment or spaces to make your mind feel less cluttered. Decide which one you will focus on this month.
3. List the things you like to do to improve your internal and mental spaces to make your mental wellbeing healthier. Decide which one you will focus on this month.
4. Why did you decide now is the time to focus on self-care?
5. What items would you add to a self-care toolkit?
6. How do you encourage or reward yourself for doing well?
7. Consider your ideal self-care routine. Is it a daily routine? Weekly? What does it look like for you?
8. Consider the first three prompts. What are your good, better, and best goals for this month in eliminating stress factors, improving your environment, and improving your mental self-care routines?
9. List the things you do to refill your creativity. Which one(s) have been missing in your self-care routine? Try to implement it back into your life.
10. What is something new you would like to try this month for self-care?
11. What are the things that help you stay relaxed and less stressed? Do at least one of these things this week.
12. List the ways you self-sabotage. Choose one to focus on eliminated for the rest of the week.
13. Try at least 10 minutes of meditation (traditional or active). How does this style of meditation affect you? Do you feel calmer and more relaxed or do you need to find a different meditation method?
14. What is your ideal wind-down routine at the end of the day? How can you get closer to this ideal?
15. What is your ideal morning look like? How can you get closer to this ideal?
16. How do you define self-acceptance? On a scale of 0-5 (5 being total acceptance), where are you at?
17. How can you be kinder to yourself? Choose at least one to focus on for the rest of the week.
18. What makes you laugh? How can you incorporate more of that into your day?
19. Who is your favorite person to talk to? If possible, give them a call.
20. Instead of making a To-Do list, make a Ta-Dah! Or a Done! list for the day.
21. What is something that made you angry that you are ready to forgive or let go of?
22. Make a list of songs that make you feel powerful. Listen to them.
23. Make a list of songs that make you feel relaxed. Listen to them.
24. What sights or smells make you feel calm? How can you incorporate these into your daily life?
25. When do you feel most comfortable and confident?
26. What is something you can do this week, just for yourself?
27. Make a list of things that are stopping you from achieving your goals. How can you get around or eliminate one of these things?
28. What is one positive habit you would like to incorporate into your life?
29. What is something you tried this month that you would like to use for self-care going forward?
30. What is one thing you would like to do for self-care in October?
I hope these thirty prompts help you either establish or refresh your self-care routine. Feel free to use the hashtag #selfcareseptember on social medias, or tag me, @thedawdlingwriter on Instagram.
4 thoughts on “Self-Care September Journal Prompts”