At the beginning of every year, I look at my “to be read” shelf and anticipate all the great reads, but inevitably, my “to be read” shelf seems to keep growing.
Now that I have also developed a habit of buying ebooks on Amazon (Darn, you, One Click!), I now have an ever growing collection of books that has far exceeded my single “shelf” that these books were once relegated to.
I decided to make a proper list to see just how deep the rabbit hole was and make a concerted effort to finish my TBR books this year.
And then I discovered just how many books I had purchased dealing with writing and blogging. I bought 33 books on writing and blogging that I will be trying to get through this year. So here is that list:
General Writing Books
- Just Write: Creating unforgettable Fiction and a Rewarding Writing Life by James Scott Bell
- Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner
- Do I Make Myself Clear?: Why Writing Well Matters by Harold Evans
- The Sense of Style: the Thinking Person’s Guide to Writing in the 21st Century by Steven Pinker
- The Editor’s Companion: An Indispensable Guide to Editing Books, Magazines, Online Publications, and More by Steve Dunham
- DIY MFA by Gabriela Pereira
- The Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker
- Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction by Orson Scott Card, Philip Athans, Jay Lake and Writer’s Digest
- Steering the Craft: A 21st Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Why I Write by George Orwell
- The Weekend Writer: How to Write a Quality Non-Fiction Book in a Month even if You Have a Full-Time Job by Sam Kerns
- NaNoWriMo: A Cheater’s Guide: Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for Winning This November by Laura Roberts
- Pep Talks for Writers by Grant Faulkner
- For Writers Only by Sophy Burnham
- Writer’s Market 2019 by Writer’s Digest
General Blogging Books
- Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community by Joy Deangdeelert Cho
- My Blogging Secrets: A guide to becoming a pro-blogger by Amber McNaught
- Lifestyle Blogging Basics: A How-To for Investing in Yourself, Working with Brands, and Cultivating a Community Around Your Blog by Laura Demetrious
- Starting a Successful Blog when you have NO CLUE! by Gundi Gabrielle
- You Started a Blog – Now What? by Gundi Gabrielle
- SEO – The Sassy Way to Ranking #1 in Google – When you have NO CLUE! by Gundi Gabrielle
- The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to A Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content that Hooks and Sells by Meera Kothand
- How to Build a Writing Empire in 30 Days or Less by Sam Kerns
Books on Getting Published
- Self Publishing with Amazon (4 Books in One Edition) by Chris McMullen
- Find Readers and Sell Books on a Shoestring Budget by Rob Eager
- Kindle Bestseller Publishing: Publish a #1 Bestseller in the next 30 Days by Gundi Gabrielle
- How to Publish a Book on Amazon in 2018: Real Advice From Someone Who’s Doing It Well by Sam Kerns
Books on Monetizing Writing
- Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living Edited by Manjula Martin
- Writer for Hire: 101 Secrets to Freelance Success by Kelly James-Enger
- How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul (2nd Ed.) by Ruth Soukup
- How to Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced my Day Job and How you can Start a Blog Today by Bob Lotich
- Making Money Blogging: Your Clear Path for $10,000 per Month and Beyond by T.R. Castle
- Write and Grow Rich: Secrets from Successful Authors and Publishers (Exclusive Tips from Publishing Experts) by Alinka Rutkowska et al.
I have quite a year of reading ahead of me. I hope you enjoyed my list of To Be Read books on writing.
My plan is to do a review for each of these, so let me know which one I should pick up after I finish Just Write. Also, if you have any additional books on writing that you would recommend, please let me know in the comments!