So I managed to get in my words for the day (Yay!), and I’ve discovered a few things along the way:
- I discovered a new coffee shop / pub (where the write-in was held).
- While I did get my words in, in a new environment, I am much more easily distracted by people watching.
- Not many people attend Sunday afternoon write-ins (Probably because Sunday is family-time day and get-ready-for-the-next-week day).
- I am better at being productive in 15-20 minute word sprints than I am in 10 minute sprints.
- It takes me longer to edit video footage than I think it will and should.
- I shouldn’t vlog while the car because a) it’s bad driving and b) the flashes of sun are unbearable in the play-back.
- Two more people subscribed to my YouTube channel (Woohoo!)
So while I am having trouble envisioning the conversation between the young hero and the mentor that will lead to the hero returning the herb he stole (it’s worth a lot of money) to the potentially murderous creature (who will later become his familiar) instead of cashing in on the opportunity to buy himself a slightly better life, I know it should be a clash of logic and survival instincts against ethics.
Oh, while I’ve figured out a possible way for our young hero to slip into the magician’s academy, the reasoning behind his excuse seems like it’s still too flimsy. But maybe that’s why he’ll be discover.
Oh, I am such a pantser when it comes to NaNoWriMo.
Anyway, I wish you happy writing, and let me know if you have also gotten to the 5,000 word mark!
One thought on “Transition Trouble NaNoWriMo Day 3”